In earlier posts, we told you about our clients, the Seifert Family. This busy, working mom of four kiddos longed for adorable decor but didn't have the vision or the time to make it happen. Of course she called us right away on the Decor You Adore hotline.
We showed you the room before and detailed some of our plans for the space on the mood board here.
Here's what we've done so far:
- Moved the sectional
- Styled the bookcases (with homeowner's existing accessories & some goodwill finds)
- removed sofa table from behind sectional (relocated to the dining room)
- moved teak buffet from the dining room to behind the sectional leaving a pass thru
- added decorative pillows to the sofa (down inserts so they don't slide off the leather)
- New rug
- New chair (referred to as "the throne")
- Moved chair and a half from garage (slipcover coming soon)
- New mantle art from goodwill ($14--score!!!!)
- New table/lamp
|Throne chair on the left. Table/Lamp next to the large windows.|
|View of teak buffet and pass thru.|
Once the rug was in place, we decided the yellow in the larger pillows was too bright so they will be returned. We are also questioning the "throne chair". While beautiful, would our money be better spent investing in a new, quality chair and a half, like this one.
We are also in the market for some new drapery like these beauties.
We also tested the super-fabulous revere pewter paint from Benjamin Moore. Yep, it is a keeper!